Community

AES Engineering Briefs Forum

Film Production Sound in Secondary Markets—The Value of Networking

Document Thumbnail

I came back home to North Carolina after a negative experience interning in Nashville and eventually navigated my way into sound for picture in corporate and commercial work. I have built my network over several years, gone to grad school for film scoring, moved away from the slightly more competitive area of Raleigh, and now have a small 5.1 mixing studio in Winston-Salem, NC. I want to highlight some of the things a young person needs to know to get work as a new comer among veterans where ever they go, emphasize continual skill development beyond school, the value of personal relationships, and navigating the ups and downs of being a freelancer.

Author:
Affiliation:
AES Convention: eBrief:
Publication Date:

Click to purchase paper as a non-member or you can login as an AES member to see more options.

No AES members have commented on this paper yet.

Subscribe to this discussion

RSS Feed To be notified of new comments on this paper you can subscribe to this RSS feed. Forum users should login to see additional options.

Start a discussion!

If you would like to start a discussion about this paper and are an AES member then you can login here:
Username:
Password:

If you are not yet an AES member and have something important to say about this paper then we urge you to join the AES today and make your voice heard. You can join online today by clicking here.

AES - Audio Engineering Society