Community

AES Convention Papers Forum

Design and Applications of a Multi-Channel Power Amplifier

Document Thumbnail

In the following material you will read about the evolution of a 6 channel power amplifier, its reason for existence, its design, applications and benefits. In the past, the number of amplifier channels available in one chassis has been dictated by the needs of the home market and has had little to do with the practical requirements of the commercial audio community. We need to understand the mechanics that make the multi-channel amplifier a practical concept as well as the limitations incurred when attempting to accomplish such a feat. Additionally, I chose this forum to pass on some of the tips and tricks that I have collected in my years of designing amplifiers. These tips apply to all forms of amplification and are not restricted to any particular channel configuration.

Author:
Affiliation:
AES Convention: Paper Number:
Publication Date:
Subject:

Click to purchase paper as a non-member or you can login as an AES member to see more options.

No AES members have commented on this paper yet.

Subscribe to this discussion

RSS Feed To be notified of new comments on this paper you can subscribe to this RSS feed. Forum users should login to see additional options.

Start a discussion!

If you would like to start a discussion about this paper and are an AES member then you can login here:
Username:
Password:

If you are not yet an AES member and have something important to say about this paper then we urge you to join the AES today and make your voice heard. You can join online today by clicking here.

AES - Audio Engineering Society