Community

AES Convention Papers Forum

Music and Recording in the Soviet Union

Document Thumbnail

In July of this year, I visited the Soviet Union as a member of the Citizen Exchange Corps. The Citizen Exchange Corps is a non-profit organization specializing in people-to-people contacts at the nondiplomatic level. The group assists Americans in meeting Soviet citizens with similar occupations and interests. As a Recording Engineer, I was particularly interested in meeting, and comparing notes with, Soviet Engineers and Musicians. It is difficult to become an expert on anything-including the Soviet recording industry-within a three week period, so this paper is more a summary of my observations than a technical presentation. Even the shortest of strolls around Red Square will remind the visitor from America that he is a very long way from home. The language is strange, and even the alphabet is against you. However, at a Soviet recording studio, one will feel perhaps a little closer to home.

Author:
Affiliation:
AES Convention: Paper Number:
Publication Date:

Click to purchase paper as a non-member or you can login as an AES member to see more options.

No AES members have commented on this paper yet.

Subscribe to this discussion

RSS Feed To be notified of new comments on this paper you can subscribe to this RSS feed. Forum users should login to see additional options.

Start a discussion!

If you would like to start a discussion about this paper and are an AES member then you can login here:
Username:
Password:

If you are not yet an AES member and have something important to say about this paper then we urge you to join the AES today and make your voice heard. You can join online today by clicking here.

AES - Audio Engineering Society