Community

AES Convention Papers Forum

Dynamic Driver Current Feedback Methods

(Subscribe to this discussion)

Document Thumbnail

Current feedback is a versatile method of modifying the behavior of a loudspeaker driver with opportunity for linearization and matching the driver to the enclosure design targets, but depending on the chosen approach a potential risk of increasing the effects of either voice coil impedance variation or driver mechanical parameter nonlinearity, and the current feedback approach needs to be designed to keep these effects well controlled for the intended application. This work compares using a nonlinear simulation model various forms of current feedback, including current drive, finite positive or negative amplifier resistances, negative resistance with reactance. This final part of the work extends the examples given in the earlier papers and presents a feedback approach that would appear to offer benefits in both distortion and thermal compression control.

Author:
Affiliations:
AES Convention: Paper Number:
Publication Date:
Subject:

Click to purchase paper as a non-member or you can login as an AES member to see more options.

(Comment on this paper)

Comments on this paper

Default Avatar
Etienne Rivet

Comment posted April 9, 2019 @ 19:17:07 UTC (Comment permalink)

Hello Juha,

Thank you for this interesting topic.

You might be interested in another topology of current drive that is the improved Howland current pump circuit. I used it for my electroacoustic absorber applications which is different than the usual loudspeaker application. You can find some references in my IEEE paper (2017). 

Best regards,

Etienne Rivet

Subscribe to this discussion

RSS Feed To be notified of new comments on this paper you can subscribe to this RSS feed. Forum users should login to see additional options.

Join this discussion!

If you would like to contribute to the discussion about this paper and are an AES member then you can login here:
Username:
Password:

If you are not yet an AES member and have something important to say about this paper then we urge you to join the AES today and make your voice heard. You can join online today by clicking here.

AES - Audio Engineering Society