Community

AES Conference Papers Forum

Introducing the Automotive Audio Bus

Document Thumbnail

A2B is a de-facto digital audio communication standard developed to introduce digital microphones to the car. Multiple microphone arrays can be connected to the same, daisy chained cable which carries both digital microphone signals (up to 32 channels) and phantom power. The bi-directional digital audio bus system is also found in head unit to amplifier connections. This paper explains the capabilities of A2B and how it works. It illustrates how the low latency A2B bus enables new applications like in-car communication and noise cancellation. The paper will also demonstrate how easy it is to use the A2B bus to bi-directionally transmit synchronous audio data (I2S/TDM-to-I2S/TDM) and control/status information (I2C-to-I2C) over multiple bus-nodes.

Author:
Affiliation:
AES Conference:
Paper Number:
Publication Date:

Click to purchase paper as a non-member or you can login as an AES member to see more options.

No AES members have commented on this paper yet.

Subscribe to this discussion

RSS Feed To be notified of new comments on this paper you can subscribe to this RSS feed. Forum users should login to see additional options.

Start a discussion!

If you would like to start a discussion about this paper and are an AES member then you can login here:
Username:
Password:

If you are not yet an AES member and have something important to say about this paper then we urge you to join the AES today and make your voice heard. You can join online today by clicking here.

AES - Audio Engineering Society